| || |
Advantages of Gear Technology
The advantages of gear technology over other transmission means are:
- Gear technology gives positive drives and constancy of speed ratio without any slippage
- In Gear technology, the drive is very compact due to short centre distances in such drives.
- Gear technology has high efficiency, service, and simple operation.
- Gear technology drives are capable of driving loads subjected to shock at speeds up to 20 m/s
- Maintenance of gear technology drives is inexpensive and if properly lubricated and operated, gear drives have the longest service life compared to other drives.
- Gear technology can be used where precise timing is desired.
- Gear technology can drive much heavier loads than other drives.
- Gear drives can be used for a wide range of transmitted power.